The SUMEX Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) invites you to explore the importance of sustainability in the extractive industry and discover the solutions along 5 key action areas.
We are offering a second live run of our succesful Future Lean course from 14 August to 25 September 2023.
✅ Approximately 2 hours of self-paced learning over six weeks
✅ Possibility to obtain a digital certificate
✅ Free basic access to the course & interaction with lead educators and other participants between 14 August and 25 September 2023 (second live run)
What is in it for you?
- Design, with other stakeholders, new sustainable management practices
- Explain the environmental and societal impact of mineral extraction
- Analyse environmental impact using tools such as the three pillars of sustainability
- Discover sustainable management best practice in policy and industry
Who is the course for?
- This course is designed for leaders, managers and stakeholders in the mineral extractive industry who want to learn about the challenges, solutions and new developments in sustainability.
- It will be especially useful for public administrators and industry practitioners wishing to understand and implement sustainability management at any stage of the mining life cycle from exploration to post-closure.
- This course may also benefit those interested in the importance of raw materials for a sustainable future and the challenges connected to them.